Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Growing Old Disgracefully and Loving it.

I am growing old disgracefully. My kids say they can't keep up with me as in my sixth decade of life I have launched into a new career. Grace has never really been my forte even at a tender age I was always the one who lost her ribbons and had her socks round her ankles at the end of the day.

I refuse to go grey and will continue to colour my hair for as long as I can. I will not have facelifts, implants or any other kind of plants because I am not overly keen on pain. I do, however, know women of a similar age who attempt to stop the forces of gravity. It is not only your chin that drops as you get older. Women posses other body parts that have a tendency to spiral downwards as they get older. In recent weeks there has been some publicity given to the fact that more women in later life are giving nature a helping hand. Some of them do this by having breast lifts. I suppose it takes all sorts.

Although I might be growing old disgracefully I am not a frequenter of grab a granny nightclubs, nor would I wear a miniskirt, the room would empty if I did. Even ten years ago I had a good set of pins but in the last few years arthritis has taken its toll and lumpy legs are not on anyone's top ten list. I like Richard Gere and Robson Green, play some blues and I can still jig with the best of them. While I recognise teenagers' tendencies towards kevinhood I like them as people. Sometimes they have very sound philosophies.

I dislike almost all the current politicians on both sides of the pond. I have no objection to asylum seekers and would not shop an illegal immigrant, these lands are not our's they belong to God. I have no time for Pat Roberts and his ilk, fundamentalism whatever its guise these days is dangerous. I think stealth taxes are theft and seizing assets is as bad as bullion robbery.

Drugs should be legalised but the politicians won't do that because it will affect their rake offs. Alcohol is more noxious than cannabis although smoking weed tends to make me paranoid so I no longer bother. I like a good book, a hot bath, and a bed with my husband in it. I love candy floss and jelly babies, always bite the heads off first. I love my kids, my grandkids, and my dog, I love my friends and especially value all the new ones I've made online.

Finally, I think blogging is ggggreat it has led me on to paid freelance writing work, sitting up til four in the morning reading other blogs and commenting and having a laugh. My husband and kids think I've lost it big time. Thus I am growing old disgracefully and loving it.

No comments:

blog catalogue

Writing Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

google search

Google

amazon